In this post, I’ve listed the types of jackets you can add to your wardrobe depending on your style and how to wear them.
1. Chanel-Esque Jacket: if you are a Chanel fan but can’t afford to buy a couture jacket, there are many brands which have a similar unfitted, boxy cut and the fabric is either wool or a wool blend. Usually worn as a formal piece, the Chanel-Esque jacket is now teemed with distressed jeans and a tee which dresses it down.
2. Denim Jacket: Each one of us has had this wardrobe staple at one point or the other. Perfect for a day out or to dress down a formal dress for day time occasions.
3. Red Blazer: You can buy this in any color you like but red has a way of instantly upgrading your style quotient. Wear it with ivory, white and black or with leopard print to glam it up.
4. Tuxedo Jacket: When you think of a tuxedo jacket you usually think of pairing it with trousers and high heels at a formal do but the tux jacket can be worm with skin tight denim and a simple white tee for a day-time look.
5. Trench Coat: A glamorous way to beat the chill and a mild drizzle.
6. Bomber Jacket: From the fighter pilots wearing the jacket to Marlon Brando in A Street Car Named Desire, the bomber jacket gives a casual outfit a pulled together look.
7. Leather Jacket:I consider it my second-skin. A garment that goes hand in hand with the rough and rebellious youth culture of the past, present and future generations to come. One in black or tan is a must have.
8. Boyfriend Blazer: The boyfriend blazer is an over sized blazer (hence the name) but is fitted to suit a woman’s frame. Can be worn with skinny jeans and a tee for daytime and a fitted dress for evenings or a more formal setting.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post I’ve put together. Now, over to you. Which jacket trend tickles your fancy? Leave a comment below!