It’s been a month since I did an outfit post. The photographer (read, the hubby) was away on work. I came across this dress along with a classic black and white windowpane dress. I was drawn to the black and white one but since I have so many black pieces in my closet, I decided to buy this white and orange one. Its perfect for a casual day look. Throw on a blazer or a denim jacket for an evening out.
“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” ~ Coco Chanel
I credit my classic style and the way I conduct myself to my Grandmother. She made sure I learnt how to be courteous and behave like a lady. The following are her tips and a few of mine thrown in.
1. First and foremost, being classy means being authentic. Never copy someone else’s style or strive to be like them.
2. Never miss an opportunity to keep quiet. If you must say something, say what you mean and mean what you say. If you want to contribute your two cents to the conversation, make sure you know what you are talking about.
3. Talk softly. Never loud, not even when you laugh. Never cross your legs in public. It’s just not lady-like.
5. Read. Read. Read. The more you read, the more people will want to engage with you.
6. Always appear confident, even when you have butterflies in your stomach. Add a dash of perfume for an instant perk.
7. Always wait for your date to hold the door open.
8. Have your own style. Follow trends, by all means but have your “own” style.
9. Be well groomed at all times. Pay attention to your hair, skin, clothes and shoes. No chipped polish and over grown toe nails.
10. And last but not least, wear pearls or diamonds for instant elegance and glamour.